Veterans of Foreign Wars Memorial Post 1963 of Sea Isle City was chartered on March 30, 1953. The first Commander Vincent Mollo began the post with 40 members. Today, Charles "Chick" Haines proudly serves as Commander to over 300 veteran members.
Founded as the Ladies Auxiliary on June 18, 1956, its membership was open to mothers, wives, daughters and sisters of veterans who fought in foreign wars. Recognizing the equality of all veterans, their spouses and family members, The National Veterans of Foreign Wars transformed the Ladies Auxiliary to the Auxiliary on August 21, 2015. Today the Auxiliary welcomes grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings and grandchildren of veterans with foreign service and has a membership of over 150 with Barbara Haines serving as its President.
Throughout its history, the Post, along with the Auxiliary, has taken its responsibility to veterans and the community very seriously . A variety of donations are made and events are conducted to support the several needs of service members and the Sea Isle City area residents. Some of these endeavors include:
Honoring our Veterans living and deceased
Support for our Community Leaders
Donations to Police, Fire and Rescue Departments
Christmas Holiday food baskets for the area needy and elderly
Donations for school trips
Donations to Special Olympics
Luncheon honoring the Vineland Veterans Home residents
Local Scouting programs support
Children's Christmas Brunch with Santa and gifts for each child.
Participation in all Sea Isle City parades and events
Sergeant at Arms
Junior Vice Commander
and Service Officeer
Senior Vice Commander
Charles "Chick: Haines
Senior Vice President
Junior Vice President